expat blogger

living in Serbia

Friday, September 10, 2010

Assateague Island








On my days off, or in my free time I love to go to Assateague Island. I am totally enjoying just being away from the hustle and bustle. I love watching the wild ponies, seeing all the birds, and random other animals are around.

I think I will go again tomorrow. I wish my husband didn't work nights and was able to get up and go with me more often. going there is a a vacation for the soul. Soon, I plan to take a little kayack trip on the bayside of the island. It is such a fresh perspective. Being on the water is refreshing, and quite a bit of exercise. Love it.

There are so many beautiful water birds and cika deer.
I have seen dolphin swimming along the coast and a little shark that a cute little old man caught. Randomly, I have come across sand sculptures as I stroll along the beach and many shells and crab remnants. There is always something new!

This island has been my gym this spring. I have escaped to walk it's trails, beaches and roads for exercise and relaxation.

When I return to Serbia this winter I know I will look back on these days and wish I were on the island again with the wild ponies.

No comments: