expat blogger

living in Serbia

Thursday, September 23, 2010

September at Assateague Island

Went to AI yesterday with a friend. Hurricane Igor was off our coasts so the waves were massive.
Got a few pics of a new light colored horse I have never seen before,

and... I got pics of a really new baby. SO small!
I am so excited to have gone. I have been so busy this summer with work, that most of the time when I am not working, I just want to sit and relax. And I need to! My ankle keeps swelling from the long days. I am sure I have injured it somehow, or it has begun to protest the long hours. It wishes to remind me after long doubles that I need to sit.

Ironically, after sitting for an hour or two, I feel like I am being too lazy and and I should be working. LOL Then, I start to enjoy the quiet and regret the fact that I must get back to work in a few hours or the next day.


Today is the start of Sunfest in Ocean City. The boardwalk was packed. It should be a very busy weekend! I have 6 weekends left before I leave for Serbia. I must cherish the English, food, friends, and even work while I can.  Must make a few more trips to Assateague as well!

No comments: