expat blogger

living in Serbia

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

If you are a Serb or a citizen of Montenegro, Bosnia, etc.

I have been emailed because of my blog a few times, this week by Ariel Zellman. Ariel is a student of Northwestern  University in Chicago. I was emailed and asked to post an Anketa regarding Serbian political speeches. If you are interested please click on the link below. It is all in Serbian, and my Srpski is not so good. I cannot understand much of what is said, and apologize for anything that may be offensive.


I am only posting this, as I know how difficult research in University can be, and this is a tough subject to research.

This is a copy of the bulk of the letter he sent to me, it may answer questions you may have about the survey.

My name is Ariel Zellman and I am a Ph.D. student in the Department of Political Science at Northwestern University in Chicago. Much of my research centers around the politics of identity and territory in the Balkans, particularly Serbia. I post much of my research on the Balkans on my personal research blog at http://arielzellman.wordpress.com.

At present, I am running an online research survey (in Serbian) which examines the impact of different kinds of political speech on people's policy preferences. The survey is targeted at Serbs particularly in Serbia but can also include those in Montenegro, Bosnia, etc. You can find it at http://arielzellman.wordpress.com/anketa.

Unfortunately I have had a bit of a difficult time disseminating the survey beyond my immediate friends and colleagues. I realize that yours is an English-content site, but would it be possible (or efficacious) for you to publicize my survey in some form? Or perhaps to tell your Serbian friends and colleagues about it? The work is purely academic, has no corresponding financial or political agenda, and participants can choose to enter a drawing for a free iPod Touch.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ariel Zellman
You can click on the links about or:
To see his blog please click here

If you wish to go the the Anketa click here

To my Serbian friends and family, thanks for your help and any comment you may have on the anketa. I am interested in what you think.
And best of luck to Ariel on your PHD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many many thanks! Hvala!