expat blogger

living in Serbia

Friday, June 3, 2011

Peddling around OC

I saw a pod of dolphin swimming close to the shore at 15th St. yesterday. I was so excited I forgot to pull out my phone to get a shot til they were almost to far away.
This is the only blurry shot I snapped that captured a dorsal fin.
I am really enjoying my biking. Summer has come and the weather has been brilliant! Peddling into OC is a 10 minute ride that is never dull. I have to cross the Rt. 50 bridge, and I always enjoy the view.
Mostly though, I bike around west OC. I love all the nature and back roads.

Baby geese are everywhere.
Beautiful Magnolias are in Bloom
The fragrance is intoxicating, paradise couldn't smell any better that this.
And wondering around all the cool new neighborhoods that rest beside the bay and other bits of water are so peaceful. Along the tree lined lanes there is always some little critter scurrying around in the brush and leaves on the ground. I can never seem to see them, but I hear them running away from the sound of my bicycle.
Turtles heads poke through the water and dive below the surface as I try to get a better peek.
My favorite sites are the ones that look onto Assateague or Ocean City. Today the air was clear, the sky was blue, and the water was the color that make postcards jealous.
This picture doesn't do it justice.

Enjoy your summer, take advantage of where you live and find the interesting things around you. If you just look you will find oddities and beauty where ever you are! For instance:

Today, on my ride, I saw a Nun in her full habit getting two little boys off to the bus stop, not something I have ever seen before. If you just get out and look you will find amazing things.
Have a great day!

No comments: